CO-FUNDED BY THE ERASMUS+ PROGRAM OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
The motivation and the desire to create a new pedagogical approach as well as being socially active, represent what Essevesse view as fundamental goals. Thus, it is important to build networking and cooperation, exchange and apply good practices as well as knowledge among institutions, foundations, individuals, non-profit structures, artists, educators, psychologists, sociologists, etc.
Intercultural dialogue and exchange are the prerequisites for the development of the two founding pillars of the company: awareness and citizenship. We stand for diversity as it is a resource with extraordinary creative and educational potential, and we want to promote it at a local, National, European and international level.
Erasmus + projects allow us to make these artistic-educational connections with multiple organizations in Europe. Respect for human rights, intercultural dialogue, use of new techniques, inclusion, responsibility and empowerment of people of all ages, represent the key actions used by the company to give new opportunities to a very varied audience; from young people living disadvantaged situations to adults in full social assertion.
Lifelong Dancing - Learning pathways about dance for Adult Educators
Project number – 2018-1-ES01-KA204-050569
Leader: ASPAYM Castilla y Leon (Spain)
Partners: Centro Internazionale per la Promozione dell’Educazione e lo Sviluppo (Italy), AICSCC – Gamma Institute (Romania), Cie Essevesse (France), EUNI Partners (Bulgaria)
Key Action: KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action: KA204 – Strategic Partnerships for adult education
This project aims to deliver an online platform which provides an innovative program for adult educators that work in the lifelong learning field, to enhance self-empowerment, wellbeing, social inclusion and self-confidence through body expression and dance tools. Seven workshops thoroughly designed by the experts, will come across as a result of the exchange of the knowledge and experience of the five organizations, and their research on different audiences (people that might feel excluded from society for various reasons).
Kick off meeting in Iași - Romania
January 28th-31st 2019, Cie Essevesse participated in the first transnational meeting of Lifelong Dancing held by Gamma Institute in Iași, Romania.
- Research on Art Therapy and its effects, lifelong learning and history of dance in each partner’s country.
- Definition of the audience chosen by each partner: refugees and immigrants (CEIPES), disabled people (ASPAYM), people with mental health issues (GAMMA institute), LGBTQIA+ (Cie Essevesse), people living in remote and rural areas (Euni Partners).
- Research on the activities to be developed during the training course held by Cie Essevesse.
- June 10th-15th 2019, Cie Essevesse leads the training course for the partners at the Ballet National de Marseille studios, in France. During this period, the five organizations define a draft of the seven workshops to be presented to thirty participants for the pilot phase in each country.
- September 17th-20th 2019, Cie Essevesse starts the pilot phase with the first group LGBTQIA+ at Klap Maison pour la Danse in Marseille.
- November 14th, 15th & 31st, December 1st 2019 Cie Essevesse continues and ends the pilot phase with the second group LGBTQIA+
- January 20th-21s 2020, CEIPES holds the second transnational meeting in Palermo, Italy, during which the partners discuss about their experiences with their groups and the amelioration of the whole program, considering the observations of the participants, the facilitators and the observers.
- Re-definition and re-writing of the content of the workshops.
- Writing and lay out of the manual that will present the researches and the texts related to the project, including the descriptions of the workshops (GAMMA institute).
- Creation of a website for a more efficient dissemination of the project (ASPAYM).
- April 27th 2020, transnational meeting with all the partners online, due to COVID-19, to discuss about the tasks to accomplish during the lockdown waiting for the next phase (deliver the final version of the seven workshops to thirty new participants in each country) to be launched.
- May 11th 2020, transnational meeting with all the partners online to prepare the workshop, isolation COVID19, that will be delivered LIVE on the social media.
- May 19th 2020, workshop online at 5pm (FR time), LIVE on the social media @lifelongdancing IG, Lifelong Dancing FB page.
- May 27th 2020, transnational telematics meeting with all partners to update the various points of the projects.
- 3rd June 2020, transnational telematic meeting with all partners to finalize the LLD Manual and discuss the next steps of the project.
- September 2020, decision of the consortium to adapt the workshops so that the activities comply with COVID regulations and safety.
- From December 18th to 20th 2020, the company lead the second test phase with a second LGBTQIA + group in Marseille.
- February 17th 2021, transnational telematic meeting with all the partners to edit video tutorials, translations and build the website.
- From January to March creation of video tutorials edited by the artists of Cie Essevesse.
- March 13th 2021, our artists completed the last workshop session for the Lifelong Dancing project.
- March 31th and April 1st 2021, professional conference held by the company at MRAP in Marseille, for the dissemination of the project in France.
- April 7th 2021, last transnational telematic meeting with all the partners in order to finalize the creation of the project.